Digital Scent 3.0 Platform
The Inhalio Digital Scent 3.0 Platform is the centerpiece of the company’s offerings. The multi-patented technology platform is available for license to customers and supply chain partners who are designing and integrating digital scent solutions directly into their product lines. The Digital Scent 3.0 Platform provides a data-centric architecture through Infusion, Diffusion, Apps, and Cloud Insight technologies.
- Infusion Tech: Environment-Specific Scent Profiles, Cartridge Delivery Designs with Software/Firmware Algorithms
- Diffusion Tech: Environment-Specific Scent Diffuser Designs with Software/Firmware
- Apps Tech: Support for Apple/Android device, APIs and Skinning, Voice Assistants, Custom Interfaces
- Cloud Tech: Environment-Specific Monitoring, Control, Management Data Gathering, Analytics and Visualization
Our scent technology platform is built on 25 years of premium scent delivery solutions and science. The technology platform enables our customers and partners to quickly, conveniently and cost-effectively add or embed a digital scent solution to their products/service, open new markets, or meet new customer demands. Digital scent solutions can be manufactured by our customers, or by our partners for our customers.
Infusion and Scent Data Profiles
The Inhalio scent infusion process is unique in its data centricity. This scientific focus on fragrance infusion enables the company to deliver a higher degree of fragrance clarity, pureness, healthiness, and longevity, all in a green footprint. To achieve this, Inhalio carefully measures Scent Data Parameters such as performance data, health parameters, and green properties.
The results of this proprietary infusion process include vastly increased scent payload densities, natural ingredients, no-VOCs (volatile organic compounds), no solvents, no carcinogens, and reusable polymer payloads.
- Integrated EPROM chip – authenticates to cloud, auto-registers for device, eliminates knock-off’s
- Variable payload support – supports a dry-air system and even oil-based mediums if needed
- Scent Diffusion Algorithms – deliver consistent scent experience throughout cartridge lifespan
- Lifecycle cartridge management – alerts when payload is nearing depletion, or triggers reorder
- Sustainable materials – use of green/sustainable materials support recycling
Diffusion and Delivery Data
The company is both a pioneer and a leader in cloud managed, dry-air multi-scent diffusion technology. By combining a data-centric focus with cloud-connected capabilities, Inhalio’s multi-patented scent diffusion technology gives customers and partners a platform that is unmatched in flexible and affordable scent delivery systems.
Diffuser performance parameters ensure accurate and optimal scent delivery cadence for the associated environment and scent diffusion profile using advanced algorithms, automatic cartridge recognition and authentication, and no cross-contamination in a multi-scent delivery system. In addition to Infusion health parameters, diffusion heath parameters include a dry-air delivery system with the lowest possible ppm ratings, and near-zero scent leakage when no diffusion is required. Green factors include the support for optimal diffusion profiles, bio-sourced materials, smaller footprint devices, lower-power consumption, and reusable cartridges.
- Ready-to-go reference designs – complete electronics, mechanical, network, power, encasement
- Advanced firmware – ensures the proper diffusion parameters, App and Cloud comms, scheduling
- Precision controlled release – for duration of scent delivery, intensity, room size, cadence
- Available for re-branding or custom— use designs as-is with your logo badging, or create your own Certification support – guidance through international device certification such as UL tested and approved
User Apps and APIs
Users can control, manage, and create schedules for Inhalio-based diffusers using a wide variety of popular devices including smartphones and IoT devices. Apple and Android-based smartphones are supported through a variety of use-case specific apps that are available in the respective Apple or Google store. User apps depend on the specific use-case and device being employed: Rideshare apps, Personal Automobile, Autonomous Vehicle, or In-home use through custom-built or reskinned Apps to support specific OEM designs for Fine Fragrance Manufacturers, Essential Oils Vendors, and companies just entering the aerosol/airborne sanitization or fragrance marketplace.
Also supported are Voice-assistants such as Alexa, Siri, and Google. In vehicles, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can be supported along with custom in-dash displays and vehicle operating systems through available Inhalio APIs (application programmatic interfaces). Using these API’s, Tier 1’s and Automotive OEMs can create entire in-vehicle experiences by integrating scent with seat position, seat and air temperature, type of music or playlist, lighting, and even driving mode. This will enable the driver and passengers to have an in-vehicle experience unlike any other… an immersion into a clam and relaxing environment, or an invigorating alertness and any mood in between.
- Standard devices – Apple/Android smartphone Apps, tablet/laptop website, voice command assistants
- Auto cartridge recognition – cartridges automatically appear as part of device within App when inserted
- Advanced Scheduling – create unique daily release schedules across multiple devices for multiple rooms
- Extended Integration – APIs available for advanced integration with other IoT devices, light, sound, etc
Cloud Insights and Data Analytics
The Inhalio Digital Scent 3.0 Platform was born in the cloud. From its very beginning the digital scent platform has been designed to control, monitor, manage and collect data on each single diffuser, groups of diffusers in a facility, or a worldwide network of millions of diffusers. Inhalio captures data on each diffuser’s actions and knows the scent ingredient payload contained within each cartridge. Inhalio collects an unprecedented amount of data: what was released, when it was released, the user’s scent preferences, cadence and intensity delivery preferences, survey data, and supply chain data on cartridge depletion and reorders.
Inhalio provides this detailed data along with global analysis and visualization as part of our technology license to help our customers and partners gain unrivaled insights into their customers scent preferences, usage and trends.
- Cloud support – connected to Inhalio cloud data centers across the globe to control and monitor systems
- Client-specific instance – unique cloud instance to monitor, control, and manage each brand’s network
- Full data privacy – client’s cloud instance only contains anonymized customer data
- Multi-cloud – hybrid cloud support allows connection to brand’s cloud for subscriptions/payments
- Support system – support ticking system is available to support brand in managing their customers
- Customer Communication – Direct access to each of your customers via text/email App
- Customer insights – business visualizations and intelligence highlight consumer preferences and trends
- Supply Chain Management – monitoring and alerts to support notification to brand’s CRM/ERP system